This publish could include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This baked halibut recipe is a deliciously gentle and wholesome keto dinner thought. It’s topped with lemon and garlic for a vivid, recent taste. Baked within the oven, this succulent fish takes lower than 20 minutes to make!
Within the hustle and bustle of every day life, quick and straightforward recipes like this Baked Halibut come in useful. It appears to be like and tastes like a gourmand meal, but it surely takes solely moments to make. Everyone knows fish is sweet for us and when it’s this flavorful, it’s straightforward to make the wholesome selection.
I’ve a tricky time getting my youngsters to eat fish. So I’ve to be artistic in how I prepare dinner it and it must be actually, actually good. When it’s performed properly, all of us dig in with gusto and nobody complains.
And I’m pleased to report that that is one such meal. Pair it with some Cauliflower Risotto and also you would possibly simply assume you’re at a flowery restaurant!
Why it’s essential to do that recipe
Halibut is a superb, meaty fish, wealthy in vitamins and very important Omega 3 fatty acids. As a result of it’s so extremely prized for its taste, it may be on the costly aspect. So that you need to profit from it, and Lemon Garlic Baked Halibut lives as much as the promise.
Oven baking is an effective way to serve up halibut filets. It’s easy and easy, and makes much less of a multitude than pan-frying. The lemon garlic topping provides a vivid, refreshing taste to the gentle white flesh.
I tailored the topping from my Greek Lemon Rooster recipe. The second I created it, I knew I had a winner on my fingers that could possibly be utilized in many alternative dishes.
There’s no have to marinate the fish or do any advance prep work. Merely whisk the topping substances in a bowl, unfold over the fish, and let your oven do the remainder of the work.
- Halibut filets: I used halibut that I bought on sale by way of Sizzlefish. I at all times watch for a sale since halibut may be very costly. However it’s also possible to use cod or sablefish for a inexpensive choice. Go for wild caught at any time when potential.
- Olive oil: I exploit further virgin olive oil as the premise of the topping. However you may use different oils or fat, like avocado oil, coconut oil, or butter.
- Lemon: Utilizing each the zest and juice of the lemon offers this baked halibut a vivid, recent taste.
- Parsley: Use recent parsley for the most effective colour and taste.
- Garlic: You should use as a lot recent garlic as you need. I believe 4 cloves is about proper. I like to make use of a garlic press to get it actually finely crushed.
- Dijon mustard: Mustard acts as an emulsifier, permitting the oil to mix properly with the lemon juice.
- Paprika: The paprika on this recipe actually simply provides just a little colour to the baked fish.
- Cherry tomatoes: That is fully elective, however including a couple of halved cherry tomatoes provides a pleasant vibrant contact.
- Salt and pepper
1. Put together the topping: In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. Unfold over fish: Place the halibut within the ready baking dish, skin-side down. Unfold the olive oil combination evenly over the tops of the fish.
3. Bake: Place in a 425F oven and bake 6 to 9 minutes, relying on the thickness of the filets. Then activate the broiler for one minute to evenly brown the highest. The fish ought to flake simply with a fork when performed.
Sure, it truly is THAT straightforward to make this scrumptious baked halibut.
As with all fish, it’s necessary to not overcook the halibut. Be aware of how thick your filets are, as that can decide the general cooking time. I discovered that 7 minutes of baking and 1 minute below the broiler was good for 1-inch filets. Thicker cuts would require extra time.
At all times take a look at doneness by flaking the fish evenly with a fork. The ends will prepare dinner quicker so strive flaking within the heart of the thickest filet. If the flesh is opaque and flakes simply, it’s prepared.
Halibut is very prized, and as such, can be comparatively costly. I solely ever buy it once I see a sale. However you may simply sub one other gentle, agency white fish similar to cod and get fantastic outcomes. Cod cooks at about the identical charge as halibut so it’s an excellent choice for this recipe.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Should you choose to check the inner temperature of the fish, search for it to succeed in 130 to 135F on an immediate learn thermometer. That must be an excellent temperature for flaky however agency halibut.
Halibut is a wonderful supply of protein and wholesome fat, make it good for the keto eating regimen. This baked halibut recipe has 4g of carbohydrate and 0.5 g of fiber per serving.
Retailer any leftovers in a coated container within the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Reheat very gently to keep away from over-cooking. I like to recommend permitting it to come back to room temperature, then warming in a 300ºF oven.
Easier keto fish recipes