This put up could include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These keto stuffed peppers are crammed with hearty floor beef, ricotta, spinach, and cheese. It’s a wonderful method to get pleasure from lasagna with out all of the carbs!
Stuffed peppers are actually sort of good, when you concentrate on it. The hole inside of a pepper is the proper vessel for holding any variety of fantastic fillings.
Like lasagna! Minus the pasta, in fact, as a result of this can be a keto recipe weblog in spite of everything. Keto stuffed peppers are a good way to indulge these lasagna cravings.
And stuffed peppers have a definite benefit over recipes like zucchini lasagna or keto lasagna skillet. They arrive neat little edible containers that make for an exquisite presentation.
To not point out, they’re completely scrumptious!
From my keto cookbook
I initially wrote this recipe for keto stuffed peppers for my first cookbook, The On a regular basis Ketogenic Kitchen.
The purpose of that e book was to offer a well-rounded information to keto cooking and baking for the on a regular basis prepare dinner. I wished individuals to see that keto needn’t be troublesome or intimidating. And that with slightly ingenuity, you may nonetheless get pleasure from all of your outdated favourite flavors.
So together with some form of keto lasagna recipe was paramount. However I wished it to even be easy and accessible, with out having to buy specialty elements or make some form of keto pasta.
I flatter myself that I succeeded with these keto lasagna stuffed peppers. And when you style them, I’m certain you’ll agree!
Easy methods to make keto stuffed peppers
It’s straightforward to make keto pleasant stuffed peppers and you’ll actually fill them with all types of scrumptious issues. Take into account taco meat, chili, keto pulled pork, and many others.
Right here’s the lowdown on these lasagna stuffed peppers:
- Brown the bottom beef. The meat gained’t prepare dinner by way of correctly should you put it into the peppers uncooked, so all the time prepare dinner it till now not pink.
- Squeeze out the spinach. Frozen spinach introduces plenty of moisture into recipes and may make these stuffed peppers soupy, so make sure to squeeze it out correctly.
- Combine up the filling. Whisk collectively the ricotta, Parmesan, spinach after which stir within the floor beef.
- Halve the peppers. You are able to do this lengthwise or straight by way of the center. I love to do it lengthwise and maintain the stems intact.
- Take away the seeds and ribs. As a result of they don’t style superb!
- Stuff the peppers with the filling. Mound it on the high as a result of it’ll shrink a bit because it cooks.
- Add slightly tomato sauce. You would use a industrial tomato sauce however they have an inclination to have pointless carbs. I prefer to whisk slightly tomato paste with water, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on some cheese. Melty mozzarella makes these keto stuffed peppers further engaging.
- Bake till tender.
Often Requested Questions
Completely. Any floor meat, together with pork and sausage, works properly in keto stuffed peppers.
Medium to giant candy bell peppers work greatest and any coloration will do. Inexperienced peppers have a barely decrease carbohydrate rely but it surely’s actually not sufficient to alter the carbs per serving considerably.
I like to recommend glass or ceramic for this recipe. Metallic heats up too rapidly and may brown the bottoms of the peppers earlier than they’re cooked by way of.
Sure, you may simply minimize this recipe in half to make solely 4 servings. Simply use half a pound of floor meat and freeze the remaining for an additional time. There’s a nifty function on my recipe card the place you may modify the servings and it’ll change the quantity of all of the elements.
As a result of the bottom meat is cooked first, you may put together these peppers upfront and bake them later. Merely comply with the directions by way of step 5, then cowl the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 2 days earlier than baking.
The totally cooked peppers reheat properly too. Merely retailer within the fridge in a lined container for as much as 4 days.
I can’t see why not! The preparation of the peppers would be the similar, as much as the purpose of baking. They’ll take about 4 to five hours in a sluggish cooker, and 10 to fifteen minutes in an On the spot Pot.
Extra keto floor beef recipes
Floor beef is a staple in our home and I’ve so many fantastic keto floor beef recipes. Listed here are a number of of my favorites: