This publish might comprise Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These scrumptious almond flour muffins have a candy kick of ginger and a sugar free vanilla drizzle. Should you love gingerbread, you’ve bought to do that tender keto muffin recipe!
Notice to self: don’t point out a brand new keto muffin recipe in your YouTube channel with out being able to share stated recipe with hungry viewers! In any other case they are going to be knocking at your digital door, asking when it is going to be prepared.
Okay, okay, you wore me down and I’m posting my keto gingerbread muffins to appease you all right away.
I get it, I actually do. It’s that point of yr when visions of gingerbread start to bounce by means of our heads. There’s one thing simply so magical about that spicy candy taste, particularly because the climate turns chilly.
Whether or not it’s a plate of keto gingerbread cookies, a slice of keto gingerbread cake, or a keto gingerbread latte, it simply appears to conjure up heat fires and comfortable sweaters.
And now you possibly can get pleasure from it for breakfast with these candy gingerbread muffins!
Keto Baking Faculty
Just a few weeks in the past, I began a brand new livestream collection on my YouTube channel, dedicated to one of the best ideas and methods for keto baking.
First lesson: The significance of protein powder in keto baking.
As an instance my level, I made two batches of those keto gingerbread muffins: one with protein powder and one with out. The distinction is putting!
Should you’ve ever questioned why I add whey or egg white protein to lots of my baked items, take a look at the video. It’s extremely informative!
However ever since I did the livestream, I’ve been inundated with requests for the muffin recipe. Because it was model new, I didn’t fairly have it able to share with you. However right here it’s!
Elements for keto gingerbread muffins
These lovely bakery type muffins are modelled after my Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins. The bottom may be very comparable, and I find it irresistible as a result of it leads to a splendidly mild, tender texture.
- Bitter cream: Whether or not or not you want bitter cream by itself, it’s superb in keto baked items. It makes them further tender!
- Almond flour: Be certain it’s finely floor for one of the best texture. I at all times advocate Bob’s Pink Mill or King Arthur Flour.
- Swerve Brown: A superb brown sugar substitute is a should for these muffins, to make them style like conventional gingerbread.
- Protein powder: Don’t skip it if you need your keto muffins to rise properly and maintain their form! Watch the video for extra data.
- Ginger, cinnamon, and cloves: These spices make up the traditional taste profile of any good gingerbread recipe.
- Cocoa powder: A contact of cocoa powder merely offers these keto gingerbread muffins a darker shade. You received’t style any chocolate on this recipe.
- Eggs, vanilla, and salt: Necessary elements in any good muffin recipe!
Ideas for making these almond flour muffins
- Use parchment paper or silicone muffin liners. Keto and gluten free muffins have a tendency to stay to common paper liners, so utilizing these is a should. I favor silicone because it’s extra sustainable.
- Whisk the moist elements with the sweetener. You need these to be nicely blended collectively and clean, so break up any clumps within the sweetener earlier than persevering with.
- Stir within the dry elements. You’ll be able to add these unexpectedly should you like, and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Bake till agency to the contact. Baking instances are solely ideas as a lot is dependent upon your oven. So make sure you begin checking on the low finish of the time vary and proceed checking each jiffy till they’re carried out.
- Let cool utterly. Keto baked items are at all times fragile proper out of the oven so allow them to cool earlier than making an attempt them. I do know it’s laborious after they odor so good!
- Make the drizzle. Place the powdered sweetener in a bowl and drizzle in a little bit water, then stir. If it’s too thick, add extra water a little bit at a time.
- Drizzle over the muffins and luxuriate in!
Regularly Requested Questions
That is an almond flour recipe and these two flours are usually not interchangeable. Nonetheless, you should utilize one in every of my coconut flour primarily based muffins, comparable to these keto banana muffins. Don’t add any banana extract, and add the spices, cocoa powder, and vanilla. They need to work out properly!
It received’t be fairly the identical however you should utilize thick coconut cream instead of the bitter cream, and egg white protein instead of whey protein.
Please watch my Keto Baking Faculty video, because it explains every part.
Sure, completely. These two issues are just about interchangeable in the case of keto baking.
You’ll be able to these protein powders as nicely, however a few of them have a greenish tinge and should have an effect on the colour of the muffins.
Keto gingerbread muffins preserve nicely on the counter in a lined container for as much as 4 days. They can be saved within the fridge for as much as 7 days.
And so they freeze like a dream! Wrap them up tightly and retailer within the freezer for as much as 2 months.
Extra keto muffins recipes