This publish might include Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto rooster pot pie is the last word consolation meals meal. With a creamy filling and a low-carb biscuit topping, it’s identical to the basic however with a fraction of the carbs.
In search of the last word hearty keto casserole? Coming proper up! Look no additional than this Keto Hen Pot Pie. It’s wealthy and filling, with a young biscuit crust.
It’s bought all of the basic pot pie taste, however with solely 4.4g web carbs per serving. And it makes your own home odor like absolute heaven when it’s baking.
Better of all, it’s fairly easy to make. Add it to your checklist of straightforward keto dinner recipes. Belief me, you gained’t remorse it.
Keto rooster pot pie from scratch
I first realized to make rooster pot pie from the nice people at America’s Check Kitchen. One of many issues that I really like about their recipe is that you simply simmer the rooster within the broth to cook dinner it by means of.
Many pot pie recipes require pre-cooked rooster. Which suggests you both need to seize a rotisserie rooster, or cook dinner it earlier than beginning in on the pie.
I really like the simplicity of cooking the rooster proper within the broth and cream. It takes solely 10 minutes to cook dinner by means of and then you definately’re able to get baking. Plus it infuses the filling with extra scrumptious rooster taste.
Simple keto biscuit topping
Keto pastry crust is completely scrumptious, and I’ve one featured in my keto turkey pot pie.
However making and rolling out pastry takes extra effort and time, and makes a a lot greater mess. This keto rooster pot pie options a straightforward biscuit topping that’s simply as tasty and makes use of a single bowl.
This topping is tailored from my Keto Cheddar Drop Biscuits, and also you merely dollop it over the filling in small spoonfuls. No fuss, no muss. It spreads a bit because it bakes and the highest turns into deliciously crusty.
It’s so good, I don’t suppose I’d do it every other approach!
make keto rooster pot pie
- Prep the components. Chop the greens and minimize the rooster into ½ inch items.
- Sauté the veggies within the butter, then add the garlic and sage and cook dinner till simply aromatic.
- Stir within the broth and cream. You should utilize a little bit glucomannan to assist thicken the filling a bit, however that is non-compulsory.
- Simmer the rooster within the broth. Doing so makes this keto rooster pot pie tremendous straightforward, as there is no such thing as a pre-cooking. And the flavors meld superbly being cooked collectively this manner.
- Switch to a baking dish. To maintain the pot pie from being too soupy, I like to recommend forsaking about half of the cooking liquid. However don’t discard it, it’s nice for sipping like a soup!
- Mix the dry components. Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt collectively.
- Stir within the moist components till the dough comes collectively. Let it sit a couple of minutes to thicken up.
- Dollop over the filling. Use a couple of tablespoon at a time to cowl the filling, nevertheless it’s positive if there are a number of gaps.
- Bake till golden.
That’s it, my mates. That’s all it takes to make scrumptious keto rooster pot pie.
Often Requested Questions
Actually. I’d recommend including one other half pound of rooster to present the pot pie extra bulk.
In case you actually don’t wish to use coconut flour, strive one other ¾ cup of almond flour (so 1 ½ cups whole). Please remember that the carb rely will change.
So long as it’s boneless, skinless rooster, you may simply sub breast for thighs.
The leftovers are nice within the fridge for as much as per week and re-warm very properly within the microwave or the oven. Merely cowl the entire pan with foil or plastic wrap.
I haven’t tried however I think about it might do positive. Let it cool utterly earlier than wrapping it up tightly in order that the crust doesn’t get soggy.
Extra scrumptious keto casseroles