This submit could comprise Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These simple keto breakfast bars have a candy banana taste and a young, oatmeal-like texture. They’re packed stuffed with wholesome nuts, seeds, protein, and fiber to actually fulfill.
These low carb breakfast bars style like a cross between banana bread and oatmeal. And but they haven’t any bananas or oatmeal in them in any respect. Sounds unattainable, proper? However your eyes don’t deceive you.
They’re the proper keto comfort meals for on-the-go breakfast. Really easy to make, and fully sugar-free and grain-free.
And if you happen to love that banana taste, don’t miss my common keto banana bread recipe!
Why this recipe rocks
Breakfast cereal bars often comprise excessive ranges of sugars and carbs. However these bars are available at solely 2.9g web carbs per serving.
And because of the addition of somewhat banana extract and a few chocolate chips, they style like an additional particular deal with. In addition they have a splendidly chewy texture paying homage to oatmeal bars.
Better of all, these keto breakfast bars come collectively in about half-hour, making them a really perfect addition to your keto breakfasts.
Elements you want
- Flaked Coconut: Use unsweetened coconut to assist present an oatmeal texture. Should you don’t like coconut, strive utilizing extra sliced almonds.
- Sliced Almonds: Selected the thin-sliced almonds, reasonably than slivered or entire almonds, for that very same oatmeal-like texture.
- Hemp Seeds: Be happy to swap in chia seeds or flax seeds if you happen to want.
- Almond Flour: Be sure to decide on a superb, finely floor almond flour.
- Sweetener: I actually like Swerve Brown for this recipe, to imitate that banana bread taste.
- Collagen Powder: This offers a number of the chewy texture, much like my keto oatmeal. My favourite model is Good Keto, however any plain collagen powder will do.
- Banana Extract: That is the place the banana taste is available in, and I actually just like the extract from Olive Nation. However you’ll be able to skip it altogether or change it up with different flavorings and extracts.
- Chopped Nuts: Completely non-compulsory however I like the additional crunch in these breakfast bars.
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: Once more, these are non-compulsory however they do make the bars further particular.
- Pantry Staples: Additionally, you will want eggs, butter, vanilla, and baking powder
Step by Step Directions
1. Grind the coconut, almonds, and hemp seeds collectively in a meals processor till they resemble oat flakes. Then switch this combination to a big bowl.
2. Stir within the remaining dry elements, together with the almond flour, sweetener, collagen powder, and baking powder. Then add the melted butter, egg, and the extracts. Stir within the chopped nuts.
3. Press the combination right into a 9×9-inch steel baking pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips overtop. Press the chips into the bars evenly.
4. Bake till the perimeters are golden brown. The middle ought to nonetheless be pretty delicate however it is going to proceed to agency up as they cool.
Recipe Ideas and FAQ
TIP: Except in any other case specified, at all times bake bars like this in a steel pan. Glass and ceramic pans don’t conduct warmth as effectively and they’re going to take fairly a bit longer to bake by way of correctly.
Most granola bars are usually not keto pleasant, however these breakfast bars have an identical texture. You’ll be able to actually use them as a scrumptious and wholesome granola bar substitute.
Should you’re actually not a coconut fan, strive utilizing one other ¾ cup of the sliced almonds. It ought to provide you with an identical consequence.
Collagen protein powder (aka collagen peptides) helps bind the bars and provides a chewier texture. Different protein powders may go however they’ll probably make the bars extra cake-like.
Swap melted coconut oil in for the butter for dairy-free keto breakfast bars.
Attempt these different simple breakfast recipes
Want extra on-the-go keto breakfasts? These are tried and true favorites: