These scrumptious keto croissants are made with fathead dough and full of sugar-free almond paste. A beautiful low carb pastry together with your morning espresso.
So the opposite day I posted an up to date keto marzipan recipe and talked about offhand that I had made some scrumptious almond croissants with it. I had so many requests for the that recipe, I made a decision I needed to get my act collectively and get it up for you.
So right here it’s, pals! A scrumptious keto pastry that goes delightfully together with your morning espresso, or your afternoon tea. They had been even successful with my center little one, to my nice shock.
It is a fathead dough pastry based mostly on my Chewy Keto Bagels recipe. I discover that dough infinitely helpful for treats like this. It’s scrumptious and it holds its form higher than the standard fathead dough.
It made pleasant little keto croissants, I can guarantee you!
Keto Almond Croissants Inspiration
I’ve all the time had a factor for almond stuffed croissants. I used to get them every so often from Au Bon Ache, again after I lived in Boston. There was one proper close to the college the place I labored, and I’d hop off the commuter rail, seize a espresso and a croissant, and head to my workplace.
That tender flaky crust crammed with candy almond paste and topped with sliced almonds and powdered sugar was a particular deal with. And one which got here with a hefty carb punch, to make sure.
Ever since I found fathead dough, and all of the enjoyable variations of it, I’ve needed to make some type of keto croissant recipe. Creating sugar-free almond paste was simply the push I wanted.
Aren’t croissants onerous to make?
Let me be upfront and let you know that these usually are not the flaky layered croissants you will have had previously. That’s just about unimaginable with out utilizing wheat flour.
So these are way more like keto crescent rolls, somewhat than true croissants. And an entire sight simpler too. Actual croissants are an train in persistence, folding the dough repeatedly and dealing within the butter.
Not the sort of factor most of us have time for, lately! However belief me, these keto almond croissants present the flavour you’ve been craving.
Learn how to make Fathead Keto Croissants
This straightforward keto pastry is ideal for a low carb brunch or snack. Listed below are my greatest ideas for getting it proper:
- Make your keto almond paste forward of time – it’s tremendous straightforward to do. You’ll solely want about ⅓ of it for these keto croissants, however you possibly can freeze the remaining for one more use.
- I like to recommend utilizing my coconut flour fathead dough. As I discussed above, it holds its form higher throughout baking, so it doesn’t unfold and flatten as a lot.
- I discovered that one of the simplest ways to get even triangles for croissants was to roll the dough right into a 12 inch circle. From there it’s straightforward to chop into 8 even wedges.
- Roll the almond paste into skinny logs and place them on the base of every triangle, then roll the dough tightly round log. You actually need to pinch the top to seal it, in order that it doesn’t unroll throughout baking.
- Have the oven warmth greater than regular (400F) and switch it down instantly after inserting the croissants within the oven. This preliminary blast of warmth helps them rise just a little extra and brown actually properly.
- Allow them to cool correctly earlier than digging in, as they may burn your mouth.
- These keto croissants will hold for as much as per week within the fridge and could be rewarmed within the microwave or toaster oven.