This submit could comprise Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These straightforward Grilled Pork Chops are a summer season dinner sensation! They’re additional juicy and tender, and seasoned to mouthwatering perfection. And the scrumptious dry rub brings out the very best taste.
Pork chops have lengthy been one in every of my favourite straightforward keto dinners. They’re extremely versatile and easy to cook dinner. And I’ve a number of highly regarded recipes, together with Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops and Keto Smothered Pork Chops.
I’ve shied away from grilling them, nonetheless, as a result of they typically find yourself over-cooked and dried out. However I not too long ago made it a purpose to excellent grilled pork chops, and I believe I’ve nailed it.
They’re succulent and juicy, and simply the scent alone will set your mouth watering. I couldn’t be happier with this recipe!
The key ingredient
Chances are you’ll already remember that brining pork chops makes them juicier. The brining course of permits the meat to retain extra moisture throughout cooking. It’s an necessary step when grilling as pork can dry out simply over the open flames.
So I utilized this methodology to my grilled pork chop recipe. However I didn’t simply use any outdated brine. Most brine requires salt and sugar to penetrate the meat and add taste, and we simply don’t do added sugar on keto.
As an alternative, I took a word from one in every of my favourite recipes for keto hen wings and I used pickle brine! And it resulted in probably the most tender, juiciest grilled pork chops I’ve ever had.
The benefit right here is that the salt penetrates the meat and the vinegar tenderizes it on the similar time. And hey, you’re getting some added electrolytes in your food plan whilst you’re at it. You’ve obtained to provide it a attempt.
Components you want
- Pork chops: This methodology works on each bone-in and boneless pork chops, however boneless sometimes cook dinner a bit sooner. I used bone-in for this recipe as a result of I desire them. You need to choose chops which are about 1-inch thick.
- Pickle juice: Save your jars of pickle juice after the pickles are all gone. It’ll preserve within the fridge for months.
- Spices: A mixture of paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder make up the dry rub. I used smoked paprika for a touch of smokiness, however common paprika works properly too.
- Salt and Pepper: The brine provides salt to the meat so go flippantly on the added salt till you style the chops. I discovered that half a teaspoon was sufficient for the seasoning rub.
Step by Step Instructions
This recipe for grilled pork chops couldn’t be simpler!
1. Brine the chops: Place the pork chops in a bowl and use sufficient pickle juice that they’re fully coated. Place the bowl within the fridge and let marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Put together the seasoning: Add the seasoning rub substances to an outdated spice jar and shake to mix.
3. Season the chops: Take away the chops from the brine and pat them fully dry, then brush a bit olive oil over either side. Sprinkle with the seasoning, urgent flippantly to stick to the floor.
4. Grill to perfection: Place the chops on the grill over medium-high warmth and grill 3 minutes on the primary aspect. Them transfer them to medium warmth and grill one other 5 to eight minutes on the second aspect, or till cooked by. They need to attain 145ºF on an prompt learn thermometer.
Skilled Ideas and FAQ
Select pork chops which are a minimum of 1 inch thick. Thinner cuts are inclined to cook dinner by too rapidly and dry out earlier than they grow to be golden brown on the skin.
You’ll be able to sprinkle these grilled pork chops along with your favourite seasoning. My dry rub works actually properly and provides them added taste and coloration, but it surely’s not required. Think about these different choices:
- Italian seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Lemon pepper
- Chile and lime (some Tajin can be scrumptious!)
For those who don’t have fairly sufficient brine to cowl the chops fully, add a bit water. They need to be totally submerged within the liquid in order that they take up the salt and flavorings extra evenly.
Pork chops cook dinner rapidly so preserve your eye on them. Grill the primary aspect over medium excessive warmth for about 3 minutes, then flip and proceed to grill on the second aspect for five to eight extra minutes. The overall time is determined by the thickness of the chops.
Brine the pork chops previous to grilling to assist them retain moisture. These grilled pork chops are brined in pickle juice, which makes them additional tender and juicy. The vinegar in pickle juice helps break down the proteins previous to cooking, in order that they don’t grow to be robust.
How lengthy you brine pork chops is determined by the thickness of the reduce. 1-inch thick chops will take 1 to 2 hours to soak up the brine correctly. Don’t brine them too lengthy, nonetheless, as they’ll grow to be too salty.
What to serve with grilled pork chops
Pork chops pair properly with virtually any keto aspect you may consider. Listed here are some scrumptious concepts:
Need much more Simple Keto Dinners? Take a look at my cookbook. Obtainable on Amazon and at different booksellers.