This submit could comprise Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Juicy pan-seared hen thighs come alive on this basic Rooster Dijon recipe. With a wealthy, creamy sauce, this one-pan meal comes collectively in lower than half-hour. Serve along with your favourite cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower for a straightforward keto dinner recipe.
I’ve been making this flavorful Rooster Dijon for happening 25 years now. Again when my husband and I had been in our twenties, we discovered a very nice recipe for this basic French dish and we made it continuously. We adored it!
However someplace alongside the best way, in all of the life that occurred in between, we stopped making it as typically. Children got here alongside, jobs modified, homes had been purchased and bought, and we misplaced the unique recipe. I can’t even bear in mind the place it was from.
So once I received craving Rooster Dijon just lately, I needed to recreate it as greatest I might from reminiscence. I known as upon my vastly improved cooking abilities, made a couple of modifications to go well with our tastes and voila! It was simply as scrumptious as I bear in mind.
It’s a straightforward weeknight meal
Dijon Rooster sounds all fancy nevertheless it’s truly remarkably simple to make. Really easy, actually, that it makes an ideal meal for busy weeknights. You will get it on the desk in lower than half-hour.
And the flavour is out of this world! Silky and wealthy, however with that unmistakeable dijon kick. Many recipes name for a wimpy two tablespoons. However so far as I’m involved, that simply doesn’t minimize the mustard! So I used ¼ cup to provide it extra oomph.
I additionally favor hen thighs over breasts. They’re extra succulent and fewer more likely to dry out through the cooking course of. And so they prepare dinner quicker as effectively.
This Rooster Dijon recipe is of course fairly low in carbs. And served over some cauliflower rice, with some sautéed inexperienced beans or asparagus, it’s a spectacular keto meal.
- Rooster thighs: I like to make use of boneless, skinless thighs for this recipe as a result of they prepare dinner by simply within the pan. You can too use bone-in thighs, however remember that they’ll take longer to prepare dinner. Rooster breasts can dry out too simply, in my view.
- Shallots: Shallots are milder than garlic or onion, so that they add taste with out overpowering the Dijon.
- White wine: A little bit wine helps to deglaze the pan and provides depth to the sauce, however you can too use hen broth.
- Dijon mustard: Select a mustard that has a little bit of kick to it, in order that it stands out within the sauce.
- Thyme: I like contemporary thyme for this recipe, however you can too use ½ teaspoon dried thyme. Or attempt tarragon.
- Heavy cream: This makes the sauce creamy and helps it thicken correctly. You should utilize coconut cream for dairy-free.
- Pantry staples: Butter or oil, salt, and pepper.
1. Warmth the butter or oil in a medium skillet over medium excessive warmth and prepare dinner the thighs on 5 to six minutes per facet, till properly browned and totally cooked by. Switch to a plate, tent with foil, and take away all however 2 tablespoons of fats in pan.
2. Add the shallots to the pan and sauté till tender, 1 minutes. Add the wine, carry to a simmer, and prepare dinner till lowered by half, about 2 minutes.
3. Whisk within the Dijon and thyme leaves, then whisk within the heavy cream and prepare dinner till thickened to your liking, 2 to three extra minutes.
4. Return the hen to the pan to heat by earlier than serving.
I like Dijon mustard with extra kick, and lots of American manufacturers are too gentle. Maille is a French model that has a bit extra punch, so I typically seize that. However if you happen to take pleasure in milder flavors, be at liberty to make use of the model you want most.
Boneless thighs are normally folded up once they come out of the bundle. If you happen to unfold them and unfold them out, they’ll prepare dinner by a lot quicker. Use a meat thermometer and ensure the thighs attain 165ºF.
Usually, mustard is a superb condiment for keto recipes. Most mustard, together with Dijon, has 0g of carbs per teaspoon so you should use as a lot as you want. However do remember to verify your labels as some flavored mustards could comprise sugar or honey.
Dijon mustard is made with brown mustard seeds, which give it a stronger, spicier taste than yellow mustard. Nonetheless, the cream on this Rooster Dijon recipe tones down the spice and makes it extra mellow.
This Keto Rooster Dijon recipe has 3g of carbs and 0.9g of fiber. That signifies that it has solely 2.1g web carbs per serving.
Extra one-pan hen recipes