This publish might comprise Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate protein pancakes are a scrumptious method to begin your day. These straightforward grain-free keto pancakes have 14g of protein per serving and fewer than 5g web carbs. They’re straightforward to make and household pleasant!
Caught in a keto breakfast rut? Strive switching issues up a little bit with some straightforward keto protein pancakes!
Even higher, attempt making these chocolate protein pancakes. You actually can’t argue with chocolate for breakfast, particularly when it’s wholesome and sugar-free.
I by no means argue with chocolate. Belief me, it all the time wins.
Including protein to keto pancakes
In case you’re new to the keto food plan, it’s crucial to discover a good keto pancake recipe. Bacon and eggs can get a little bit tiresome, and pancakes are an excellent make-ahead recipe for busy mornings.
Including some protein powder to the combination makes them further nutritious. It additionally permits you to reduce on the quantity of almond flour or coconut flour, whereas nonetheless offering nice construction.
So that they find yourself greater in protein and decrease in fats than typical low carb pancakes, however they’re nonetheless keto-friendly. And that further protein helps maintain you glad all through the morning.
What sort of protein to make use of
For a recipe like keto protein pancakes, I like to recommend utilizing whey or egg white protein. You possibly can in all probability use some plant-based protein powders as effectively.
I’ve tried utilizing collagen protein in pancakes and it simply doesn’t work. Due to the best way collagen absorbs moisture, the batter turns into overly thick and gelatinous.
For these chocolate pancakes, I used the chocolate whey from Excellent Keto. I do know I can all the time depend on them for superior merchandise with clear keto substances.
In case you select to buy Excellent Keto, you’ll want to use ALLDAYIDREAM20 for 20% off your whole order!
- Cream cheese – makes the pancakes moist and tender.
- Almond milk – you would use any low carb milk right here.
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour – attempt sunflower seed flour for nut-free pancakes.
- Chocolate protein powder – I like to recommend whey or egg white protein.
- Keto Sweetener
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
The best way to make keto protein pancakes
These chocolate protein pancakes are tremendous straightforward to make. Listed below are my greatest ideas for getting it proper:
- Use a great blender: This helps eradicate any lumps from the cream cheese. You possibly can use a meals processor as effectively.
- Mix the moist substances: Make certain they’re good and easy earlier than including anything.
- Add the dry substances: You’ll be able to add the flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, and cocoa powder all in without delay and mix till easy.
- Warmth the skillet or griddle: I like to recommend a great non-stick pan for making protein pancakes, so that you don’t have to make use of an excessive amount of butter or oil.
- Preserve them small: Don’t make them greater than 4 inches throughout, or they get arduous to flip. I discovered that about 3 tablespoons of batter was excellent.
- Search for the bubbles: Similar to typical pancakes, you need the sides to be dry and set, and a few bubbles to look on the highest, earlier than you flip.
- Dig in! You need to get about 18 pancakes whole, in order that permits you to have 3 per serving.
What to serve with chocolate protein pancakes
Don’t restrict your self simply to keto pancake syrup. Why not attempt:
To be trustworthy, I usually simply grabbed a number of and ate them straight up. They make an excellent pre-workout snack.
Continuously Requested Questions
No, coconut flour received’t work right here as you would wish to alter the entire recipe. However you’ll be able to simply use a seed flour like sunflower or pumpkin seed.
Sure, it is best to be capable of use dairy-free cream cheese and egg white protein for these chocolate protein pancakes.
Completely. Use vanilla protein powder as an alternative of chocolate, and add a further 2 tablespoons of almond flour.
Sure, it is a fabulous make-ahead recipe. Retailer the pancakes in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as per week. They will also be frozen for a number of months.