This submit could comprise Amazon or different affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are the most effective keto pancakes you’ll ever make. They’re fluffy and lightweight, with an ideal golden brown exterior. And solely 3.5g internet carbs per serving.
They’re really easy to make, you may whip them up earlier than the remainder of the household is even awake.
I’ve a number of keto pancake recipes right here on All Day I Dream About Meals. I’ve acquired keto coconut flour pancakes and keto pumpkin pancakes. I actually have a recipe for keto banana pancakes.
However these simple almond flour pancakes are my hands-down favourite. And so many readers really feel the identical method!
Reader Evaluate: ★★★★★
Simply made these for a Saturday morning breakfast deal with. This recipe is a keeper, scrumptious! My non-LC consuming husband commented on how for the primary time my keto pancakes, regarded similar to his carb – loaded pancakes:) Along with your assist, I’ll convert him but! – Angie
Growing this recipe
In my quest to carry you the most effective keto pancakes, I examined and re-tested this recipe a number of instances. It took a lot trial and error and my household discovered themselves consuming pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
It was a sacrifice (okay, not likely), however I actually needed the right recipe to incorporate in my cookbook, Simple Keto Breakfasts. I used to be completely decided to give you a recipe that was mild and fluffy, but in addition tremendous easy to arrange. Simple sufficient for a weekday morning, however scrumptious sufficient for a Sunday brunch.
I additionally needed to create a batter that was versatile sufficient to make keto waffles too. So I attempted out each trick within the ebook for mild and ethereal keto pancakes. And as soon as I felt I had it proper, I despatched it off to my trusty recipe testers to see what occurred.
Everybody adored it. One tester even mentioned that they beat out all the opposite keto pancake recipes she’d ever tried. And I’ve to say, my entire household agrees.
The key to good keto pancakes
I’ve had hassle with almond flour pancakes previously. They’d great taste however in addition they had a thick gritty texture they usually had been dense and heavy.
I knew there needed to be a approach to make them mild and fluffy, so I turned to one among my favourite countertop home equipment: my blender.
I’ve used my blender to make different almond flour batters like keto crepes and keto blueberry muffins. It makes them extra cohesive and eliminates plenty of the grittiness. It additionally helps whip air into the batter, giving them a lighter texture.
And it seems that it does a terrific job for keto pancakes too. So the subsequent time you need pancakes for breakfast, skip the whisk and bowl and seize your blender as an alternative!
That is such a easy and simple pancake recipe, and it takes solely 8 components. You’ll need:
- Almond milk (or one other liquid)
- Avocado oil (or one other liquid oil)
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
Suggestions for the most effective keto pancakes
- Mix it up! Use a blender for lighter, fluffier pancakes. It creates a extra cohesive batter and helps to whip air into the combination.
- Add the moist components first. Mix the eggs and liquids first, earlier than including the dry components.
- Finely floor blanched almond flour: You continue to want to make use of good high quality high-quality almond flour for these. Utilizing coarse almond meal goes to end in gritty, heavy pancakes, irrespective of how nicely you mix it.
- Use a liquid oil: I discover that melted butter or coconut oil tends to thicken batters like this, which makes it arduous to get all the good things out of your blender. Avocado oil is ideal and it makes these scrumptious pancakes dairy free. Until you prime them with butter, which I all the time do!
- Let the batter relaxation: It’s fairly liquidy after you first mix all of it so you must let it relaxation for a couple of minutes earlier than cooking. It can thicken up however will nonetheless be scoopable.
- Preserve them small! As all the time with keto pancakes, you need them to be not more than about 4 inches in diameter. In any other case they’re too fragile and arduous to flip.
- Search for the bubbles: Be certain that the primary aspect is cooked by searching for dry edges and bubbles that seem on the highest and within the middle. That’s when you understand you may flip them over.
- Flip rigorously: I wish to wiggle a skinny spatula beneath and flip rapidly to keep away from breakage.
These scrumptious pancakes are infinitely adaptable. Stir some chocolate chips or recent berries into the batter, or add a bit of cinnamon or different spices.
Many readers need suggestions for sugar-free syrup to prime the pancakes. I buy sugar free maple syrup from All-U-Lose on Amazon, which is the closest to the actual factor in style and consistency.
However you even have some selections for do-it-yourself. Attempt my Keto Pecan Praline sauce or wild blueberry syrup.
Regularly Requested Questions
They shouldn’t be eggy in any respect. Most individuals discover that they rival even the most effective typical pancakes. When you discover that the feel is eggy, it’s possible you’ll want to make use of a distinct model of almond flour.
You need to use any oil you want, however as I discussed above, I discover that melted butter or coconut oil tends to thicken the batter. So I like to recommend utilizing a liquid oil.
Sure! It is a nice recipe for meal prep as they freeze and refrigerate very nicely and are simple to reheat.
I like to recommend utilizing half water and half heavy cream if you wish to swap out the almond milk. Heavy cream alone makes the batter too thick and the pancakes turn into extra dense and heavy.
Completely! This keto pancake recipe doesn’t rely upon it for consistency so virtually any granular sweetener ought to do. However allulose does are inclined to make baked items overly brown and it could trigger the identical challenge for these pancakes.